Topsy turvy East Coast weather will be avoided by NASCAR for almost a month as the circuit treks westward. Their sites stop in the desert with the crown jewel, Las Vegas, hosting the first stop. With temps in the low 70’s, conditions will be close to ideal for the drivers with no rain in the forecast. The Kobalt 400 is what the drivers have in their sites. A tie atop the standings shall also be broken in this race. So sit back, enjoy the view from the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, and lets make some profit as the race starts at 3:30 PM this Sunday.
Still on the Shelf
Relegated to the sidelines, Kurt Busch is still out on suspension. Delaware has chimed in saying that Kurt will not face charges. Even after this, NASCAR has not budged from their stance. He has steps that he has to tap dance to but with the state Department of Justices ruling, the major impediment to his return has been removed.
Should a 2nd and a fourth be equated exactly the same as two third place finishes? This is the riddle that perplexes Chris Buescher and TY Dillion. Through the first two events, both are tied atop the standings with 83 points They both have the same top 5, top 10, and win stats. Though it means little, there should be a tie break in place with the highest finish settling even point totals if the wins are the same.
- Avoid Jeff Gordon. Two races with two crashes has him feeling the pressure to produce but momentum shall not be on his side in the desert.
- Love Little E. A better fuel strategy will be the difference. Last year, Keselowski got him a Dale Jr’s tank literally ran dry. He loves this race and should get a top ten perhaps top five here. Bet accordingly.
- Jimmie Eats World. Or at least Vegas for Jimmie Johnson. Four Sprint Cup wins here says it all. Atlanta was stellar for him and with him knowing the track so well, do not expect a let down here.
- Luke Warm on Logano. Momentum he had going into Atlanta. He got close but expect him to slip back instead of stepping it up
- Gotta Have Heart. Brian Vickers tugs at the heart strings and presents decent value for such a long shot future to win here.